Friday, March 3, 2017

Kraft Christmas

Finally - a new card! :) I was sitting in my stamping room a couple days ago, looking at my shimmery paper. It was intermingled with some other colored scraps. In amongst the scraps were a few pieces of kraft, so I thought I would use them - or at least one of them. I had taken this Christmas stamp set out a couple weeks ago to make sure to use it, since I've had it for a few years and I don't think it has seen ink yet. It's by Stampendous. I thought perhaps it would work well on kraft. I stamped the image and the sentiment with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I matted with a brown cardstock and then with a wider border of white, then added the layers to a kraft cardbase.

I even did another Christmas card which I will share with you tomorrow.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always refreshing to see something made with kraft...away from the chaos of bright colors and lots of embellishments! I really like this card, Lynette! (I am following you as I sit in the sunshine of Florida!)

Leslie Miller said...

I've been using kraft more lately than I ever did in the past, so I love how this looks. Amazing how well the image shows up in just Versamark. Beautiful stamp set and ideal for a CAS card. Yay for you, getting some Christmas cards done!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love how you stamped the design and sentiment with VersaMark and the embossed with clear embossing powder. The picture almost looked like you had embossesd with gold or a colored powder. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

So its not just me who is blown away by how well Clear embossing powder shows up......I'll have to try that as I do have some, and always pass over it, thinking it won't show, and wondering what I'd use it for!
This is a lovely card!
Annie