Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Two Valentines

 
This is the valentine my husband will get. (He rarely looks at my blog, so I think it's safe for me to post it!) I used a white card base. The pink heart (the background for the scrolly heart) and the scrolly heart were cut with Spellbinders dies. I embossed the background with a Darice folder. The folder is meant for cards to go the other direction - portrait, not landscape. I just embossed part of the red piece (after cutting the heart out of it) by staggering the plates on my BIGkick. Then I moved the folder and embossed from the other direction, again staggering the plates so that I didn't get a line from the edge of the folder.
This is the very, very simple card for the two older grandsons. I cut the heart out of the red and embossed the background, using the same method as the first card. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado. You cannot tell at all from the picture (sorry!) but the background for the red piece with the heart cut out of is actually kind of a very pale yellow/light tan. I didn't think the boys (ages 8 and 6) would appreciate pink:)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a great embossing folder for Valentines. You don't have to do much else with it. The die cut on the first one is really pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I was having a hard time with Valentines this year. Maybe that's what happens when I don't buy anything new. Simplicity is the way to go, and these look perfect. I sure do love that heart embossing folder.