Thursday, August 4, 2016

Stenciled Backgrounds

I created the background for each of these cards the same way. I used a Tim Holtz stencil, rubbed distress ink on it, spritzed it and then put a piece of cardstock on top. One is watercolor paper and the rest are cardstock. Also, on a couple, I accidentally spritzed with alcohol!

To finish this first card, I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) and then cut it out with a Stitched Rectangle die from Memory Box. I also die-cut a piece of fun foam to mount the sentiment on. I matted the background with dark brown cardstock. I'm pretty sure I spritzed the stencil with alcohol on this one.
For this second one, I stamped the lighthouse using an Impression Obsession stamp and the sentiment with a Papertrey Ink stamp.
This one uses the same stamps, but the background is a bit different. Looks like the second "stamping" with the stencil.
And for this one, I used a stamp from Inkadinkado and the same PTI sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Shoshi said...

I love these backgrounds, Lynette, and the cards you've made from them. The technique is a variation on the ink on the craft sheet, spritzed, and then the paper smooshed in it. It has a lovely grungey effect. Thank you for your visit and your nice comment - yes, I'm very glad I decided to go for that appointment, or I would never have known about the underlying problem until it was too late! Today I am feeling a bit stiff and sore after all the pumelling and being poked and prodded, and it's going to take a while for the new way of moving my arms to become normal and natural - at the moment I feel like a robot in need of a good squirt of WD40!

Shoshi

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So glad you are making good use of that stencil! Now I just need to get mine out and do some casing of your cards. I have a lighthouse (or 2) that I could try to do something similar. Love yours!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's a different way to use a stencil and the results are awesome! Sort of an all-over smooshy look and I love that. Nice stamps to go with the backgrounds, too.