Sunday, August 7, 2016

Repurposed Poinsettias

While sorting through boxes (and boxes and boxes!) of "stuff" at my mom and dad's house, I found two beautiful Christmas cards they had received from my brother and sister-in-law. (They must have really loved the card, since they sent one to Mom and Dad twice!) Anyway, my brother had already told me that he didn't want any of the cards back and I couldn't just toss those two beauties, so these cards are the result of that. I trimmed them down to just the poinsettia part. I saved another part from each card to use later. I have already attached those pieces to a card base, but I have no idea where to go from there. The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set.
Same card, different orientation.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, those are some beautiful Christmas cards! It sure looks like a die cut. Were they store-bought cards originally? They begged to be repurposed and you sure did a good job of that!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Way to beautiful to throw away! They served you well!

Unknown said...

I love "upcycling" cards! My question for you, Lynette, is how do you attach things like the poinsettia that are so skinny and delicate?