Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Lime Green and Red Color Swap Birthday

The colors for my stamping group's challenge this month are red and lime green. This is the card I made for it.

I started by cutting the white rectangle with my Memory Box stitched rectangle die. The poppies are from Penny Black. I stamped them with Memento ink. One was stamped on scrap cardstock and then I stamped two of them directly on this piece. I colored them with Copics and carefully cut out the one on the scrap. I added Pop Dots to that one and added it to the other. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. The lime green is textured. I embossed it with a Cuttlebug Anna Griffin folder and lightly sanded it. I matted both pieces with black and added them to the white cardbase.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Bea said...

Simply beautiful! I love the colors. You do such beautiful work.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great card, Lynette! Love the poppies and the embossing folder you used!

Leslie Miller said...

So much texture and dimension with the embossing and the popped up bloom! Those opposite colors are a fantastic contrast. Really love the big flowers and really love this card, Lynette!