Sunday, May 8, 2016

CASEd Birthday

I rarely go on Pinterest. Well, that's not quite true. I often go on Pinterest to see which cards of mine have been pinned, and that's all. When someone pins several of them, occasionally I will check out their boards and see what else they have pinned. Well, following that method, I arrived at this card. I really liked it, and did something that I VERY rarely do - I CASEDd her card. I totally copied the layout and changed the colors, the embossing folder, the flowers and the sentiment. Thanks for the wonderful card, Mary!

The embossing folder I used is from Lifestyle Crafts. I only embossed part of the panel. (I used my  Grand Calibur, which is large enough to be able to put the embossing folder in at an angle.) The flowers are from a Gina K set and I colored with Copics. I mounted that panel on foam squares and matted with white. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I added the white ribbon and bow.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card, Lynette! I love the colors and the texture caused by the different layers and elements!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very vibrant! You cased the layout but you changed everything else. It's lovely!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I love both cards -- yours and hers! Your vibrant orange is eye catching and fabulous and I love the swirly embossing. I have a similar folder and use it often. This is just so pretty!