Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy Anniversary! And Another Update on my Dad

Today is our son and daughter-in-law's eighth anniversary! Sure doesn't seem like their wedding was eight years ago already.

I had to take some time last night and make them a card. I wish I had had more time, but this will have to do. I did the background with Spellbinders dies. The image is a JustRite Stamper stamp. I colored it with Copics and added gems to the flower centers. That's it:)

More news about my dad: Radiation is not out of the question yet, unfortunately. I guess what they removed was not lymph nodes after all, but cancer cells. They are not sure if they got everything or not. He will have to choose between monitoring with ultrasounds or having radiation. He will be meeting with an oncologist on Thursday and will then meet with his doctor again and make his decision.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

9 comments:

JUDI said...

LYNETTE, This is a really neat card. I love the background die. I haven't seen this one before.
God Bless your Dad with his decision.
With Love Judi

Sheri said...

Pretty card Time sure flies by, doesn't it?

Sorry that the news wasn't better for your dad. I pray that his doctors help him make and informed decision and that it is the right one for him

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Continuing prayers for your father!

Great card! I have that Spellbinders die too.

Sandy said...

Beautiful card for your "kids".

Prayers will continue for your Dad and his medical team.
Sandy

Jeanne H said...

I really like your card! Beautiful colors. Best thoughts to you and your dad.

bonnie32002 said...

Lovely design and color choice.

My best wishes to you and your Dads situation.

Unknown said...

I love the colors you chose. As others have said, your dad will continue to be in our prayers.

Leslie Miller said...

Your background on this is so beautiful, Lynette. I love how you switched up the colors. I think I still have this cute little stamp set, too. I'd have to look in my JustRite box to be sure. I'm sorry to hear your Dad isn't quite out of the woods yet. The wondering and waiting is not easy.

Mary said...

I'm still praying for both you and your Dad. I'm glad your keeping busy making your beautiful cards.

Mary