Thursday, July 3, 2014

Glitter Rose


When Harriet was at my house last week, we used brass stencils to make glittered roses. Hadn't done that for a while.

I made my rose into a stair-step card. (You can find some other stair-step cards I have made, along with directions, by following this link.) To make the glittered rose, you attach the stencil to double-sided sticky paper (first rub some special soap on the stencil!) and then carefully sprinkle colored glitter through the brass stencil. Remove the stencil and sprinkle clear glitter on the remaining areas. I matted with red. The patterned paper is from a Recollections matstack. The sentiment is from an Inkadinkado set and the dotted circle is from Papertrey. I cut the circles with Nestabilities.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow, this has made a very special Birthday card for some lucky person!

Leslie Miller said...

I really need to try one of these stair step cards. The glittered rose is so gorgeous, and I like how you situated the sentiment. There are so many stampy things to do! What a beauty, Lynette!

Sheri said...

Beautiful! I have been thinking about doing one of these glittery ones but just have not gotten to it yet. You inspire me!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!

I have my Rose stencil laying on my table. I want to either use it like you did or with embossing paste. Haven't done either of those things for a long time.

bonnie32002 said...

Love it! I will have to bring the stencils out for some more fun time for sure!

Mary said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!:)

Mary