Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cityscape Birthday

I had all evening for creating last night, and I just had no mojo! Oh well, that happens. Hopefully I'll feel like creating again soon AND have some time!

I dug though my stack of pieces from our Group Gathering and came up with this card. The cityscape was stamped with Versamark and then embossing powder was added to one section at a time. I think the embossing powder was a distress powder, but I'm really not sure at all. And I'm sorry to say that I don't know who made the stamp. (Edited to add: The stamp is by Art Impressions. Thanks, Sheri!) The sentiment is a die cut from Memory Box, I believe. I matted with black. I think this will make a fine "guy card."

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I love the Cityscape image that is used on your card. The Memory Box die that you used too I think your card will make a great card for a man. :)

Mary

Sheri said...

Cool card! That stamp is from Art Impressions but I have had it at least a couple of years so it may be retired by now. Not sure.

Shoshi said...

Love your urban card, Lynette - very cool, and a nice one for the boys! Thanks for your visit, and your nice comment - yes, the dig is very exciting and it was very interesting to visit yesterday and see what my hubby is getting up to.

I know what you mean about mojo and time - my problem is energy and time. Once I've done all the things I have to do (boring stuff mostly) I don't have any of either of them left for being creative. It's a fortnight since I made anything, but I need to get up there and make a birthday card for someone. The trouble is, when I've got no energy, I spend time on Youtube and Pinterest and get even more ideas that I don't have time or energy for!!! Such is life.

Hope you are having a good week.
Shoshi

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love what you did with the piece you made in D.M. I made a couple of those too but haven't used them yet. I need to find them and get them out of my "pieces" stash.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, very cool! I don't know why you didn't share it before. Super great masculine card! I know how that mojo thing happens. So disappointing when you've got the time and then it doesn't show up.