Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Best Blossoms - Part One

I had a little stamping time while Wyatt was napping today, and finished up this card that I started last night.

I'm continuing on with my project of using all of my Stampin' Up! sets. This set is called "Best Blossoms." Even though the image panel looks like it's layered, it's really not. I masked off the sentiment strip across the middle and stamped the flowers. Then I masked the flowers and stamped the leafy image over. I removed the masks and added the sentiment and scored two lines above and below it. I had trimmed a tiny strip off the green matting piece and decided I liked it between the scored lines, so I cut another very thin strip and added them. The flower beside the sentiment was stamped, cut out and mounted on foam squares. I'll have one more card using this set tomorrow, and then a Christmas card.

Our sky diving has been rescheduled for Saturday, weather-permitting. Sure hope we get to go this time!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Happy First Birthday, Wyatt!

Can you believe it - Wyatt (our youngest grandson) will be one on Friday! His birthday party was yesterday, and this is the card we gave him.

I'm not terribly pleased with it, I'm sad to say, but I was really in "crunch mode." Just not enough time to play these days. Anyway, this is what he got! The giraffe was stamped with Memento black ink on ivory cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I trimmed around it, leaving a thin border. (There was no way I was going to take the time to cut around all those little parts.) I mounted the giraffe on foam squares. I stamped the sentiment with a Stampin' Up! set and embossed that panel with a Darice embossing folder. I matted with dark brown and used an ivory card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Alphabet Soup

I finally had some time in my stamping room to continue working on my Stampin' Up! stamps. The four cards I'm sharing today were made with the set called "Alphabet Soup."

I used markers to color the words on this first one. I matted with an olive green and added a sparkly red brad for the dot on "jingle." I embossed the background on a quarter piece of white cardstock and added it to the card front.
I stamped the thank you stamp with Versamark and used white embossing powder. I mounted on foam squares. I also added a piece of ribbon on the patterned paper.
Again, I used markers for this stamp and again mounted on foam squares. I didn't have exactly the patterned paper I wanted, so I drew over some of the lines with the same purple marker I used on the stamp.
Markers for the words, matted and mounted on foam squares. The sentiment coloring reminded me of a candle, so I added a flame to the patterned paper:)

Our September and October are very busy, so please excuse me if I'm not around here much. I'll stamp when I can and share what I make! I also NEED to get working on my calendars. I only have January, February and March done so far. I should be done with them through September. :( And I need to make more Christmas cards, too. At least I have made a few as I've been working through my SU! sets. I hope you all are doing well, and that you have managed to stay with me through the end of this post!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

All I Have Seen

This set was almost enough for me to drop my quest to use all of my Stampin' Up! sets! I bet I spent three "sessions" in my stamping room just staring at this set and trying different things. The stamps seem nice enough. They just didn't do anything for me! The set is called "All I Have Seen." The images are made to stamp "splotchy." That works for some stamps, but to me, these just really looked like they should have stamped better, but trust me, it's the way they are meant to look:) I tried so many things and wasn't happy with any of them. Finally, I remembered a black and white card I saw recently and thought, "Aha! That is what I have to do!" So, here it is. I added a rose-colored enamel dot  to the flower for a tiny dash of color. And I added some Washi tape on the bottom and matted with black. Finally! I can move on to the next set.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Four Thank Yous

 For these four cards, I used two more of my Stampin' Up! sets. Each of the cards consists of one stamp from the set called "Stippled Stencils" and one stamp from the set called "Thank You Kindly." For each of them, I colored the images with markers, spritzed them with water and stamped them on watercolor paper. Then I cut them out with a Nestability and matted with Always Artichoke cardstock. Each matted image is mounted on foam squares.

This completes my 34 sets of the smallest size. (I did skip two sets, as they were "Handmade By" sets.) On to the next size bigger starting tomorrow!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!